Monday, October 5, 2009

Ok God...I get it.

God works in mysterious ways. I had a great (but busy) weekend. Saturday Nick and I had the opportunity to go to the taste of St. Louis. It was really neat. The old art group that I used to be a part of (Art Dimensions) was there. They had a good number of their artists showing their work and doing demonstrations at the show. It was never really a group that I felt a part of. I did two shows with them, each time, they did not put me in the program, and once, they even lost one of my pieces of work. Regardless, I still was a little bit envious of the artists that were showing.

Sunday, my plan was to spend the whole day painting. As I got on my painting camo and went downstairs to paint, I found every other thing to do. I sat down, looked at the current work I was working on and just couldn't get into it. I had a really negative attitude for some reason. I just kind of threw my hands up and decided that I am just wasting my time by trying to do this art thing. I spend a lot of time and money doing it, and maybe it is just a goal that is not obtainable at this time.

After doing laundry, arguing with DirectTv, and cleaning the basement. I made myself sit down and paint for a couple of hours then I had that feeling again. That feeling of complete rest and relaxation as I painted. I have been so busy running around, doing school plans, and finding everything else to do besides what I truly love to do.

An hour later, I was making dinner and I got a phone call from a woman named Sheila and her friend James. James and Sheila both have bought paintings from be 6 years ago when I showed at the Taste of the Central West End. They remembered me, and want to see my new works. They were at the Taste of St. Louis looking for me in hopes that I was displaying my artwork. It was a good feeling. One that I need to remember when I am going through my downtime. Hell, if I didn't have these personal struggles on a weekly basis, I don't think I could create at all.

1 comments:

Ty, Joanne, Elise and Hannah on October 10, 2009 at 7:43 PM said...

Good for you and God... I love your work and want to see more of it and you know this girl is always down for an art fair.

Post a Comment