5 1/2 ounce Chicken Tenders, 1 inch pieces
1 oz Rice Flour
3 oz Rice Flour Batter
1 1/2 oz Canola Oil 4 pz Cashew Sauce
2 oz Cashews 1 oz Green Onions, chopped
12 oz White Rice
1 tsp Black & White sesame seeds
1 sprig Italian Parsley, chopped
1. Dredge chicken in rice flour
2. Coat chicken pieces evenly in rice flour batter
3. Add canola oil to a hot sauté pan and heat to a sizzle
4. Add chicken pieces to hot sauté pan and flatten with a spatula
5. Cook until golden brown and crunchy (be careful because some pieces could darken quickly from hot spots in the pan)
6. Flip chicken, brown the other side. If the pieces have stuck together then break them apart at this time.
7. Drizzle the Cashew Sauce around the edge of the sauté pan, not on top of the chicken.
8. Add cashews and green onions and toss to incorporate, do not cook because the green onions will wilt.
9. Place hot rice in a pasta bowl and pour chicken mixture over rice
10. Sprinkle sesame seeds and garnish with Italian parsleyRice Flour BatterAdd water to rice flour until the consistency of cornstarch
Cashew Sauce (large batch – restaurant recipe)1/2 gallon Soy Sauce, 1 can (#10) Hoisin Sauce, 2 1/2 cups Chile Garlic Paste, 7 cups Granulated sugar ,1 quart Rice Wine Vinegar, 1/2 gallon Garlic, minced, 1 1/2 quarts Sherry Wine, 1 oz Chili flakes, crushed. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix using a wire whip attachment.