Thursday, October 15, 2009

Baby Deem

My relationship with Julie has been a funny one. Four years ago, I answered a posting on craigslist for a girl in U-City that was looking for someone to hang out with. I think the posting might have even said she needed a happy hour buddy. Of course, I stepped right up. We hit it off right away. We even went on a cruise together. We both went through a really wierd stage in our lives where we grew apart. It was something that we probably needed to do. Now, Julie is one of my best friends.

The whole time I have known Julie, her and her husband Ryan have always said they never wanted children. So I was a little suprised when last year, she had told me that they changed their minds. But none the less, they will be great parents and I can't wait to see the little girl they are going to pop out here in the next month or so.



So for her gift, I wanted to do something special. I found a quote by Vincent Van Gogh that I fell in love with. "If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle."

I put the quote in a tree along with the with the year. Both of their last names are patterned through the piece. I guess I would call it a Where's Waldo of baby gifts. I hope she likes it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment