Friday, July 24, 2009

What's goin' on in the kitchen

So last night I did a little Experimenting in the kitchen I made:

Balsamic Cream Sauce with Mushrooms and Asparagus


INGREDIENTS

tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 onion, minced
2 tablespoons garlic
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
1 cup heavy cream (I have used 1 cup skim milk and tastes just the same)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Optional: Mushrooms and Asapargus


DIRECTIONS
Heat olive oil and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the onion, and garlic, cook until it has caramelized to a dark, golden brown, about 15 minutes. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, and cook for 1 minute before stirring in the chicken bouillon and cream. Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.

I added sauteed chicken to the mix. I just mixed some italian bread crumbs with parmesan and sauteed in olive oil, 5 minutes on each side, and then threw it in the oven for another 10 minutes. One problem with me and cooking is that I don't measure. I try, then I forget. It hasnt gotten me in trouble so far!

0 comments:

Post a Comment