Friday, July 24, 2009

What's goin' on in the studio

I have had a couple days off of work from my summer gig and I was able to paint a bit. I am currently working on two paintings and in the beginning of hashing out the idea for a third. My new theme or concept is people's dishonesty with themselves. It has been something that I have been thinking about for a while and a long discussion that I had with a good friend recently. People hide behind anything, beauty, betrayal, power, different vices. To be true to one's self is a beautiful thing, but how often do we do it?


This piece I just finished a bit ago. When looking at it now, I am unhappy with the face and will probably go back and work on that. For now, it can just hang in my spare bedroom where no one can really see it.




Here is a piece that is in its finishing stages. This is this poor canvases third painting.


This is in the working stage. Not sure where it's heading quite yet. It seems to change on a daily basis.

Here's a sketch for whats next in line. I'm excited to get this one started.

0 comments:

Post a Comment